Facebook is the most popular social networking site people use to build social network. People know how to use it for basic purpose but this post will guide you to use it effectively. You will learn user interface tips, facebook tips and tricks regarding security, facebook hacking tricks and other best things which you will like to learn.
6 best facebook tricks | Facebook hacks
(1) How to change facebook theme
Since the facebook started, there is only 1 kind of style(light blue, white) you see and there is no official option to change UI through themes or color appearance. However if you are the person who likes to have colorful, stylish background, themes, you can take 3rd party themes and install in your browser so that your facebook background will be changed.You can go to this website https://userstyles.org/styles/browse/facebook and browse n no. of facebook themes and choose the one you like. To install the new theme, you can follow below steps:
- You have to first install stylish which is add on or extension for browser. Later you can install facebook theme to your account.
- Once stylish is installed, you can see button “Install with stylish”. You can click on it to change your default facebook theme to new theme selected.
(2) Save your Links
There are times when your friends post important links to documents, web pages or links to humorous videos on facebook. You might have used online bookmarking sites or browser bookmarks to save that links.
Now, Facebook is allowing to save all the links on facebook itself. You can click on dropdown menu besides link and choose “Save %LinkName%”. Once you save it, you will can access all your saved links using left hand side menu item “Saved” besides your small profile pic and messages link.
(3) How not to get messages from the people not in your friend list
Usually you get facebook messages from your friends in Inbox folder and facebook sends messages from people not your friends on facebook to “Other” folder. This is the best way to discard unwanted messages.
You can go step ahead and choose not to receive messages from people who are not you friends. You can go to Security icon on top –> Choose “Who can contact me?” –> Check Strict filtering.
You can also disable friend request from the the unknown people. Just choose “Friends of friends” and only people who are on 2nd level on your facebook network can send you friend request.
(4) Useful facebook trick: Show your online status to few friends
When you click “Turn on chat”, your online status is visible to all your facebook friends.
Scenario-1: You may want to show your online status to some friends and not to all people. In that case, you can click on “Turn off chat”. Now from pop up choose 2nd option and enter all your friends’ names to whom you want to show your online status.
Scenario-2: You may want to show your online status to everyone except few friends. In that case, you can choose 3rd option and enter all the friends to whom you want to stay your offline status.
(5) How to highlight or change date of your past facebook status, picture, video, link
In case you are posting something important and you want people to have attention to it then you can highlight the post so that little icon appears on every post and it looks different than other post.
Also if you want your old post to get more attention or after few days, you don’t have to repost that post. You can simply change its to current date so that it appear top of your timeline page.
(6) Facebook hacking tips: Read Past facebook messages in easier way (Without clicking on Older Messages- Newer Messages)
When you talk to your best friends, no. of message in facebook account piles up. It may be around 1000-10000 messages and when you want to refer to very first message you sent, you have to click on “See Older Messages” numerous times.
How to read 1st facebook message of any conversation in your chat with 2 steps,
(1) Open this url into your website: https://m.facebook.com/messages/ and choose the conversation for which you want to find 1st message.
(2) Now at the end of the current browser url, append “&start=1”. So your url will look like this
(7) Make your profile pic unclickable
Generally when you click on any pic in facebook, it opens in popup for broad view. But if you don’t other people to see in larger view, you can click on you profile picture and change Privacy setting to –> Only me. Now your profile pic won’t be clickable anymore.
facebook tips and tricks for 2011,2012,2013,2014
best facebook hacks