How To Start Developing Apps for Windows Mobile (version < 7.0)
Tools you need to develop Windows Phone Apps
(1) Visual Studio
Download from here. http://www.microsoft.com/visualstudio/eng/downloads
(2) Microsoft Service Pack 1 & 2
Download from here. http://en.softonic.com/s/windows-7-service-pack-2-free-download
(3) Windows Phone 7 or 8 Sdk
Download from here. http://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=27570
Install all 3 tools in respective order & restart your computer.
(1) Open Visual Studio.
(2) Go To File –> New –> Project –> Find Template for Windows Phone and click on Ok. New Application will be created.
(3) You have all the things to get started with. On left hand side, toolbox is available so that you create rich gui for your apps.
(4) .xaml file is a xml based file used for designing the page & .cs file is code behind file in which we implement callbacks & logic.
(5) Also You can test your application even you don’t have windows phone using Windows Phone Emulator. Run the application & emulator will start where you can test your application.