50 important California DMV written knowledge test questions and answers
Resources to prepare for knowledge testDMV California handbook: https://www.dmv.ca.gov/web/eng_pdf/dl600.pdf
(1) California DMV questions and answers
(2) US DMV Driving Tests: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kep.driving.us
(3) DMV Now: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=gov.ca.dmv
(1) DMV Now: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dmv-now-2/id780829796?mt=8
(2) DMV driving test 2017: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dmv-driving-test-2015-written/id444873616?mt=8You will see answers of these questions after set of 10 questions.1-10 (California dmv practice test | dmv practice test free)(1) A safety zone is a specially marked area for passengers to get on or off buses or trolleys.You may not drive through a safety zone:
(a) Only when a bus or trolley is present
(b) Only when a bus or trolley is unloading passengers
(c) At any time or for any reason(2) You should signal continuously while turning because it:
(a) Is illegal to turn off your signal before completing a turn
(b) Lets other drivers know what your intentions are
(c) is always unsafe to turn off a signal before completing a turn(3) Drivers of large trucks often travel with a lot of space in front of their vehicle. This extra space is needed for:
(a) Other drivers to use when merging onto an offramp
(b) The truck driver to use for stopping the vehicle.
(c) Other drivers to use when they want to slow down
(4) To help avoid skidding on slippery surfaces you should:
(a) Shift to a lower gear after starting down a steep hill
(b) Speed up to enter curves and slow down to exit them
(c) Slow down before entering curves and intersections
(5) You exit a freeway on a ramp that curves downhill. You should:
(a) Slow to a safe speed before the curve
(b) Slow to the posted speed limit for the freeway
(c) Wait until you have entered the curve to begin braking
(6) You can drive off the road to pass another vehicle:
(a) If the vehicle ahead is turning
(b) If there are two or more lanes traveling in your direction.
(c) Under no circumstances.
(7) You exit a freeway on a ramp that curves downhill. You should:
(a) Slow to a safe speed before the curve
(b) Slow to the posted speed limit for the freeway
(c) Wait until you have entered the curve to begin braking.
(8) You are approaching a green traffic light, but traffic is blocking the intersection. What is the best thing to do?
(a) Partially enter the intersection to establish your right-of-way……..l:]
(b) Don’t enter the intersection until you can get completely
(c) Continue into the intersection and wait for traffic to clear
(9) You are driving on a freeway posted for 65 mph. Traffic is heavy and moving at 35 mph. The best speed for your vehicle is most likely:
(a) 25 mph
(b) 35 mph
(c) 30 mph
(10) Flash your brake lights or turn on your emergency flashers if you:
(a) Need to warn other drivers of an accident ahead.
(b) Are temporarily parked in a traffic lane to make a delivery.
(c) Are backing out of a parking
Answers: (1)c (2)b (3)b (4)c (5)a (6)c (7)a (8)b (9)b (10)a
11-20 (ca dmv practice tests | dmv permit practice test)
(11) The intersection has a stop sign. Where should you first stop?
(a) At the crosswalk or limit line
(b) Afterthe Crosswalk
(c) Out far enough to see cross traffic
(12) You are driving on a highway. Your tire suddenly goes flat and you need to pull over and get help. Where should you pull over?
(a) In the right-hand lane
(b) Wherever your car will be visible for 200 feet from the front
(c) Off the pavement
(13) You are driving 55 mph on a two lane road and want to pass the car ahead of you. To pass safely, you need a _____ gap in the oncoming traffic.
(a) 5 second
(b) 7 second
(c) 10 to 12 second
(14) If you get sleep while driving ,you should:
(a) Drive to a safe place, stop and rest
(b) Play the radio loudly and toll down the windows
(c) Drink coffee to make you more alert
(15) This sign means:
(a) The driver on the right goes first
(b) All other drivers go first
(c) Make complete stop before turning
(16) A person can ride in the back of a pick up truck when the:
(a) Pickup bed has a seat bolted to the frame
(b) Back of the pickup is equipped with a restraint (seat belt) systemm
(c) Sides of the pickup bed are at least 24 inches high
(17) Signal for a turn during the last _____ feet before the turn.
(18) Which Of these statements is true about large trucks?
(a) Trucks are not as maneuverable as passenger vehicles
(b) They do not need more space to stop and start
(c) They do not need more space for turns.
(19) You-sold your vehicle. You must notify _____ within 5 days.
(a) Your insurance company
(c) Your automobile club
(20) This sign means:
(a) U-turn area ahead
(b) NO U-turn
(c) NO passing
Answers: (11)a (12)c (13)c (14)a (15)b (16)b (17)a (18)a (19)b (20)b
21-30 (dmv california practice test | practice permit test ca)
(21) You should check traffic behind you,
(a) So you will know if you are being followed by a tailgater.
(b) Only on a freeway or highway
(c) Only when you are slowing down
(22) When should a 3 year Old weighing 45 lbs. be placed in a safety seat?
(a) Under all circumstances
(b) Only when driving on the freeway
(c) Only if the child is in the front
(23) This sign means:
(a) Pedestrians must walk facing traffic
(b) Pedestrians may walk in the street
(c) There is a pedestrian crosswalk ahead
(24) You can drive in a carpool lane if:
(a) You are driving an empty 15 passenger van
(b) Want to pass the vehicle ahead
(c) Have the minimum number of passengers shown on the sign
(25) You want to back out of an angle parking space. You should always back slowly and:
(a) Look at your rear view mirror
(b) Have someone outside of the vehicle direct you
(c) Look over your right shoulder
(26) You are repeatedly convicted of traffic violations. What can happen?
(a) DMV may suspend your driving privilege
(b) DMV may revoke your insurance
(c) DMV will suspend the registration of your vehicle
(27) If you have a conditional driver license. there is (are):
(a) A special time limit to renew your license
(b) Special restrictions you must follow when driving
(c) Age limits imposed on your driver license
(28) Parking is NEVER permitted:
(a) Twenty feet from a railroad track
(b) In a crosshatched pattern space next to a disabled parking space
(c) On a hill
(29) A driver unexpectedly pulls in frontof you. The handbook recommends:
(a) Swerving into the lane next to you
(b) Driving onto the shoulder of the road
(c) Taking your foot off the gas pedal
(30) There is a railroad crossing ahead and you can’t see if any trains are coming until you are almost ready to cross thetracks. How fast should you be driving?
(a) 10 m.p.h
(b) 15 m.p.h
(c) 25 m.p.h
Answers: (21)a (22)a (23)c (24)c (25)c (26)a (27)b (28)b (29)c (30)b
31-40 (DMV driving practice test | ca dmv practice test)
(31) Which of the following is true about double parking?
(a) It is allowed if you are making a delivery
(b) It is illegal under all circumstances
(c) It is illegal unless you wait in the vehicle
(32) This sign means:
(a) Flight lane ends ahead
(b) No right turn
(c) Side road to the right
(33) Which way do you turn your frontwheels to park uphill next to a curb?
(a) Parallel to the curb
(b) To the left-away from the curb
(c) To the right-into the curb
(34) There is a railroad crossing ahead. You see a mechanical signal warning you of an approaching train. You must:
(a) Stop, then proceed when safe
(b) Slow down before crossing
(c) Stop only if you see a train coming
(35) This sign means:
(a) Fewer lanes ahead
(b) Divided highway ahead
(c) Crossroad intersects the main road
(36) A curb painted red means:
(a) Parking is for emergency vehicles only
(b) Parking is for disabled persons only
(c) Stopping or parking is not allowed (except buses)
(37) What is the benefit of a space cushion around your vehicle?
(a) If another driver makes a mistake, you have time to react
(b) There is none, other drivers just crowd in front of you
(c) You don’t have to worry about the driver next to you
(38) You are on the freeway and traffic is merging into your lane. You should:
(a) Make room for the merging traffic, if possible
(b) Always slow down to let the vehicles merge
(c) Maintain your speed and position
(39) To turn left from a one-way street with multiple lanes onto a two-way street, start the turn in:
(a) The far left lane
(b) Any lane available
(c) The lane closest to the middle of the street
(40) A flashing red traffic light at an intersection means:
(a) Slow down before entering
(b) Stop before entering
(c) Stop and wait for the green light
Answers: (31)b (32)b (33)b (34)a (35)b (36)c (37)a (38)a (39)a (40)b
41-50 (dmv permit practice test | dmv practice permit test)
(41) You are driving-on the freeway behind a large truck. You should:
(a) Follow closely in bad weather so the driver can see farther ahead.
(b) Drive farther behind the truck than for a passenger car
(c) Drive to the right side of the truck and wait to pass
(42) You may drive in a bike lane:
(a) During rush hour traffic if bicycles are not present
(b) No more than 200 feet before making a right turn
(c) Whenever bicyclists are not
(43) Which of these is true about cold weather and driving conditions?
(a) When the temperature drops, bridges freeze before open roads.
(b) Roads becomes more slippery as rain continues than when it begins.
(c) Driving conditions become more dangerous as the temperature rises above freezing
(44) While all of the following are dangerous to do while driving, which is also illegal?
(a) Listening to music through a set of dual headphones
(b) Adjusting your outside mirrors
(c) Wearing dark sunglasses while driving at night
(45) A freeway on ramp is marked with this sign. Which of the following vehicles may use this lane?
(a) A convertible with an adult and two children
(b) A carpool van containing only the
(c) A sport utility vehicle containing an adult. child. and family pet
(46) This sign means:
(a) The traffic signal ahead is not working
(b) Be prepared to stop if the light is flashing
(c) There is a traffic signal ahead
(47) You are on a two-way street with two lanes in each direction. To turn left, start the turn in:
(a) Any lane open to you for traffic in your direction
(b) The left lane for traffic in your direction
(c) The right lane for traffic in your direction
(48) A solid yellow line next to a broken yellow line means that vehicles:
(a) In both directions may pass
(b) Next to the broken line may pass
(c) Next to the solid line may pass
(49) Which of the following is true about lap-only seat belts?
(a) They are safer for young children than using shoulder-belts
(b) They are safest when used in combination with a shoulder belt
(c) Pregnant women should not wear them unless combined with a shoulder belt
(50) Driving under the influence of any medication which impairs your driving is permitted:
(a) Under no circumstances
(b) If you don’t feel drowsy
(c) If it is prescribed by a physician
Answers: (41)b (42)b (43)a (44)a (45)a (46)c (47)b (48)b (49)b (50)a
california dmv practice test
dmv driving test practice
free dmv practice test
dmv practice permit test
practice permit test ca